Photo prompts and worksheets that help you find calm in a hectic world.
Using any camera, you can learn to mindfully manage your stress, navigate criticism, and unlock your creativity with our easy-to-use tools.
A Few Mindful Photography + Creativity Examples
Click the + to learn more about each exercise
Prompt: Choose a color that you feel drawn to on a particular day. Spend time in nature looking for this color in various shades and forms. Capture a series of photos that represent the chosen color’s presence in nature.
Goal: To focus attention and cultivate a sense of calm through the exploration of color.
Sensory Anchoring (Sample Section from the Managing Stress Worksheet)
- Choose one of the photos you’ve taken using our "52-Week Mindful Photography Prompts.”
- Identify five things you can see in the photo.
- Identify four things you can touch or feel based on what's in the photo (e.g., the texture of a leaf, the warmth of the sun).
- Identify three things you could hear if you were in the photo (e.g., the rustling of leaves, distant birds chirping).
- Identify two things you could smell if you were in the photo (e.g., fresh earth, blossoming flowers).
- Identify one emotion the photo evokes in you.
This technique helps to anchor you in the present and divert attention from stressors. Writing down your responses can help process and release any tension.
Our bundles also include worksheets to help you mindfully use photography to manage stress and criticism.
Example: Draw one card from each of the three decks (Subject, Genre, Shot)
Subject Card: Flower
Genre Card: Pet Photography
(Portraits and candid shots of animals).
Shot Card: Overhead
(Shooting from directly above the subject, especially popular in product and food photography).
Learn more about Shot Cards by Snapt
I discovered that I would get anxiety whenever I heard my shutter click, knowing that I would need to edit all those photos. Now that I've done "stress" worksheet (multiple times), I'm much more calm and optimistic. There's still lots of work to do, but the mindfulness has somehow helped it all seem more manageable.
I love the mindful prompts
I just take the pictures with my phone but I am noticing everything around me so much more. Thank you!
Shot Cards Review
These are great. I'm learning about different techniques and I love sharing my creative photos.
Business Bundle Package
Appreciate the attention to detail and the help creating my logo. Very patient as we got to the final version.